Old 04-16-14, 10:35 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
french insurance company is attempting to deny my claim against them for a case where their insured driver admitted 100% fault in hitting me. they gave me the runaround for a long time (which i expect, but i jumped through all their hoops), but what set me off was when they lied to me about french law.

retained a french attorney as a matter of principle -- lying to me goes beyond acceptable business practice.

they could have cut me a small check right away. in a way, i am lucky that they delayed as some of my injuries took a while to materialize (e.g., lower back pain that developed over 6 weeks and is now something i deal with every single day).

they're presently arguing with my lawyer but i need to spend more time collecting statements, getting info from my doctor, etc.

the funny thing is that all it was ever about is my actual medical bills + damage to my bike/gear -- a relatively small amount and nothing damages for a lifetime of pain that i may face.

just venting as i have spent a lot of time on getting the documents over the past months, and now i still have to put more time into it. part of the game, i guess.
Tell them to stop being poseurs. That you know at heart they're nothing but cheese eating surrender monkeys like the rest of their countrymen and they should just get on with it and roll over already. You need to assert your dominance over them and teach them their natural place. 'Merica, **** yeah.