Old 04-16-14, 10:56 AM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
oh, yes--this is absolutely true for cycling and endurance sports. if you dope and then can train harder for months and years one is forever ahead of where they would have been. (part of the reason why i think that doping violations should be lifetime bans--i know that is extreme and a few minor cases may get too harsh a penalty.)

i was curious how it works out on the body-building side. obviously, one gets bigger muscles so i assume it still transfers. kind of wondering about peak strength for those one-off lifts RK was quoting (vs aerobic efforts).
I think there is something to this if you were truly in a 'wild west' situation where you could dope 'till your heart's content, but they really can't. They've got to do the micro-dosing thing. They're taking their test. numbers from 200 to 250 or something like that. It's not like the West Side Barbell guys that are on 5 grams of Test a week.

By having a bit better recovery than the next guy, you'll be able to train a bit harder and put in slightly more mileage over the long term. That will help the mitochondria development and capillary density, but I think measuring that type of gain is going to be very difficult.