View Single Post
Old 04-16-14, 08:35 PM
aaronreyna

Bikes: 2014 Felt F5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man some of you guys made some beast times into La Grange and Austin. We rode with Team Fluor (my buddy is an employee). He and I made it into La Grange from Rhodes (85 mile route) in 5 hours 39 minutes. We made it to Austin via the challenge route in alittle over 5 hours.

I tried to post some pics of my bike in the park, but I guess they are too large.

We ran into Orbit (the Astro's mascot) on our way to the park day 2. Unfortunately we were stopped because of an accident. Not sure what happened, but they life flighted the rider out. Marshalls did a great job of controlling traffic around the accident.

We (my buddy and I) by no means are super fast riders. We did our fair share of announcing "riders on your left", even telling riders how many riders were rolling past. But I got run over by several pace lines that didn't announce and simply yelled at me to hold my line as the first three riders are in the process of passing me, while I'm announcing I'm passing someone already. Oh well. Can't expect much different on a ride this big.

This was my third year riding. And by far I feel more accomplished this year than previous years. (Mostly because of the challenge route).