View Single Post
Old 04-16-14, 08:39 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
Look at it this way, the dude who tried dicking you over by offering $100 more just got dicked over as well.

Although it's crappy because it makes people go back on their word- it's just true that "money talks."

When my Trek 720 was listed for $650- I texted and the guy said he'd call me back- I knew someone was going to offer more. When I talked to the guy- I was surprised- and when he said we'd finish the deal in the morning, I knew someone was going to offer more. When we talked in the morning, I was sure someone was going to offer more in the time it took for me to drive from Waukesha to Milwaukee.

In the end, while we talked in the lobby of his apartment building, he was getting alerts every minute. I'm very grateful that he chose me to buy his bike.

I sent him a pic of the bike a few days ago- with panniers and everything on. Kind of a glamour shot.

Yours will come Rev.
Yes, it will come. And there's always some oddball to save the day. Got a chuckle from this CL posting: "MIYATA two ten,Chromoly BDenium triple butter."