Old 04-16-14, 10:33 PM
TransitBiker
contiuniously variable

Bikes: 2012 Breezer Uptown Infinity NOS

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, my next bike has OEM dyno powered front and rear lights, but i plan to add single or twin steady whites to the lower front fork (one per side). Then i may pop one on the front tube so i get light high, low, pointing where my wheel is going, and pointing to where the rest of the bike is pointed. I also plan to get some reflective tape, but unsure of exactly what color(s) and where i'm going to apply it. I never use anything that flashes quickly, as it can cause "draw", and that's the last thing any cyclist wants!

One thing i will say, is that the options for lights have really increased quite a bit in the last few years. You now have some that you charge via USB, some that have integrated reflectors, some have their own charging station that plugs into wall socket... Then you have all different sizes and layouts, and a few that have red AND white in the same unit, and ones that detach & can be used as a flashlight, the list goes on!

I personally believe that all bicycles meant for riding on road should come with some kind of front & rear light. Not only does this address legal requirements where applicable, but it also could allow better physical integration into the design of the bike itself.

- Andy