View Single Post
Old 04-17-14, 05:33 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by spencewine
I'm sure it would hold up in the court of law.... There never was a deal. This thread is silly.
I'm sure you could find precendent.

There was a deal, the seller backed out.

Yes, the thread is kind of silly. However, I'll be the guy to say "I'm going to give a little leeway to the guy who's house burned down a couple months ago."

EDIT:
30 seconds of Googling results in this:

"Oral contracts are spoken agreements that are sometimes legally binding. The problem proving an oral contract is the lack of tangible evidence. Oral contract cases often rely on the performance of one or both parties that exhibits a clear reliance on the agreement."

"Certain oral contracts are considered enforceable. Enforceable contracts are those which a legal remedy is offered if they are breached by either party."

"If you wish to form an oral contract, be sure that you can prove that such a contract was made. Having several witnesses, for example, can help establish that your contract exists. Likewise, physical evidence, such as e-mails, letters, receipts or even a thank you card, can count as evidence for your oral contract"

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.

Last edited by The Golden Boy; 04-17-14 at 05:54 AM.