View Single Post
Old 04-17-14, 05:35 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 47 Posts
I really don't socialize too easily, never have. Even with the guys I normally ride with, if they start to talk on a quiet road, I'm off in front doing my thing. I guess that is why I enjoy the 112 miles of an Ironman. No talking except to myself. Don't care to gab at any stop either, whether it be on a club ride or organized ride.

Originally Posted by CandSAdventures View Post
I think I get the best of both worlds....I enjoy organized rides. I enjoy my daily solo rides.

My daily rides are solo, most people around me do not want to ride at 530am and that is my favorite time. Sunrise on a bike just cannot be beat. The organized rides are fun because you do meet the most interesting people. It is not just the riders. Some of the rest stop people have been fun to hang around with. I have my favorites that I do every year and try to add in some new ones too. Most of the rides around here range from $20-40 so it is not that expensive. Living in the DFW area, there are always rides close by.
I really like the 0200 to 0500 time frame because the air is as quiet as it can get. Streets are empty, houses are dark, sky full of stars and sometimes the overhead passing of the ISS.