View Single Post
Old 04-17-14, 08:29 AM
spencewine

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by revcp
Lastly (and, yes, I know this is adding a third point to my stated two), I don't know that this is a particularly silly thread. This is a forum for people who love bikes, and in this subforum in particular friends gather virtually to celebrate together over acqusitions of much wanted bikes and to lament and gnash teeth over deals missed or gone south. Pretty standard stuff. If you find this kind of camaradarie silly no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read and respond.
It's silly because you were publicly celebrating your "score" before the purchase had even occurred. It's silly that when the purchase didn't occur, you choose to call the seller a slime bag and go on a blaming rampage against the denizens of Chicagoland. The seller isn't a slime bag because he/she didn't sell you the bike. Reality is that you were cherry-picking this from 600 miles away, it didn't work out. Oh well. I haven't found anything in this thread that suggests camaraderie except Golden Boy's attempts to prove that there was something more here than the typical CL rigamarole.

Attached Images

Last edited by spencewine; 04-17-14 at 08:42 AM.