View Single Post
Old 04-17-14, 09:41 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by spencewine
It's silly because you were publicly celebrating your "score" before the purchase had even occurred. It's silly that when the purchase didn't occur, you choose to call the seller a slime bag and go on a blaming rampage against the denizens of Chicagoland. The seller isn't a slime bag because he/she didn't sell you the bike. Reality is that you were cherry-picking this from 600 miles away, it didn't work out. Oh well. I haven't found anything in this thread that suggests camaraderie except Golden Boy's attempts to prove that there was something more here than the typical CL rigamarole.

"Attempts?"

You have 22 posts over the course of just short of 2 years. It's clear you don't understand this "camaraderie" among this group of people, you don't interract with the people here. I don't know the Rev's name. I know he bought a bike off CL that I was relatively interested in, he did a restoration of that bike that was very nice. I also know that his house burned down a couple of months ago.

There is nothing here- you're right, this is a 'Leon Lett dancing before getting to the endzone' situation. However, I understand that joy of finding something really cool, and wanting to shout about it. I'm sorry that you don't understand that joy, even if it is premature.

You're welcome to come and talk, you're welcome to be a part of this group. You're welcome to participate in conversations, and learn who's helpful, who knows their ****, and who's not. Right now, you're choosing to participate- Your opinion of me is probably not going to be favorable because of the way you're choosing to interract with me; you chose to engage me further. However, if you post a thread that I may know something about, I will give you the best information that I can, unless you're a dick to me-

And once again- I do believe you're wrong, about "he/she had no deal with you." By agreeing to sell the bike for the given price, the seller entered into a contract with the Rev. The seller broke that contract, and then apparently broke the contract he made after the Rev by placing the bike on eBay. I don't see anything other than frustration in having something slip through his fingers. I don't see this "blaming rampage."

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.