Old 04-18-14, 09:17 AM
kv501

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RPK79
I spend all winter indoors on the trainer since riding in cold weather shreds my lungs (I can taste blood after half an hour and then I cough for days after) and I would consider buying this. Putting my own bike on a trainer is nice, but I'd rather put the wear and tear on something like this as well as the buckets and buckets of corroding sweat.

I guess if you don't do a lot of indoor training you won't see the point. Much like if your not a cyclist you won't see the point of paying more than $300 - $500 for a road bike.

Edit: I like the review on the link that gives it a 3 star and asks where in France they can buy one. Apparently they don't even own one, but figure it's only worth 3 stars.
That's actually one of the reasons I wouldn't want one. With my bike and a trainer it's nice because the only thing I put wear on is the cassette, tire, and chain. Tires for trainer use are ridiculously cheap, and cassettes/chains even less so if you spread it out per mile or hour.

I'd much rather not worry about whatever internals are inside some spin bike wearing out or how soon I could get them, and god knows how much they'd cost. as far as sweat, I just drape a towel over the bars and top tube.