Old 04-18-14, 11:28 AM
jrobe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by RPK79
I spend all winter indoors on the trainer since riding in cold weather shreds my lungs (I can taste blood after half an hour and then I cough for days after) and I would consider buying this. Putting my own bike on a trainer is nice, but I'd rather put the wear and tear on something like this as well as the buckets and buckets of corroding sweat.

I guess if you don't do a lot of indoor training you won't see the point. Much like if your not a cyclist you won't see the point of paying more than $300 - $500 for a road bike.

Edit: I like the review on the link that gives it a 3 star and asks where in France they can buy one. Apparently they don't even own one, but figure it's only worth 3 stars.
I live quite a bit further north than you and spend 4-5 months on the indoor trainer almost every day for 1-3 hours. I have tried most of these indoor trainer bikes and have even owned a Computrainer and Tacx Fortius. I much prefer by own bike, a Kurt Kinetic Trainer (cheap) and a bunch of Spinervals, CTS and Sufferfest videos. The "wear and tear" on the bike is a non-issue and a good fan and a towel on the top tube eliminates any sweat damage. I wouldn't take one of the TDF gizmos if they gave it to me but to each his own.