Archery_Queen
It's Queen to you!

Bikes: Roadmaster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
LOL. I hear you. FWIW, at first I was dubious, but, on reflection, you could do worse. If you can fit the thing, and remember, French Fit is a valid ideal, then I say go for it. I have to wonder, however, how well the thing has been taken care of. Anyone who could use a bike with the handlebars rotated forward like that, who could have their rack tilted at such an awful angle, and who forced flat-bar handgrips to do the hard work of proper bar tape... ... not a discerning cyclist. You will need to fill in their blanks. Maker sure the wheels are true and don't wobble side to side as they turn. Make sure they turn freely and can spin awhile before stopping. I might buy that bike anyway even if it fails these tests because I would be able to make things right. If you have to take it to an LBS to get it tuned up before you ride then your savings are toast before you even begin. I would go to a bike co-op or an LBS that does refurbs and see what they will sell you for ~$100. You might be surprised. Otherwise I would hit the garage sales. I got a better bike than the Shogun for $30 at a garage sale. That Shogun could be the seed crystal for a decent roadbike for the person with the ability to do the restoration work themselves.

Edit: If you get that bike, and when you get it road worthy... you can't ride that thing in a skirt. You just can't. Its against the rules. Black shorts, chamois optional (but recommended).

H

I know basics such as adjusting th breaks on my own, changing tires, taping the bars up, adjusting the handle bars a needed and even switching out the derailer (might need to get it adjusted but I won't have to pay to get it put on!) so I'm not sure...

what about skirts with yoga shorts or pants while riding? I never wear skirts that are above me knee.... It's against my "classy" code lol