View Single Post
Old 04-19-14, 09:38 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
I got caught up behind that crash. I will post a video once it is uploaded. It shuffled me all the way to the back. By the time I got to the front, half a lap, you guys were way ahead. I tried to bridge and caught one guy, but couldn't on my own. No one else wanted to work. There was a guy in green kit who was strong and tried to do it, but tactics were not his best point. He would stay in the wind and try again. After 15-20 minutes of being mostly at the front I gave up and started to seat in.

Before that, I soft pedaled at a front on back straight, then took a turn as tight as I could forcing everyone else in to ****ty lines and over braking. This formed a gap and I gassed it out of the turn. Shortly after green jersey guy sprints passed me dragging the rest of the field behind him. At that point I said screw it.

On last corner went on inside so I could have a clear line for the finish. I was pusing 900W in sprint and people were passing me. FML. Ended up 7th. Won a hat, not sure how. lol.

Quotes of the day. Both from the same guy in blue Jersey.

This is right after we passed the finish line and officials yelled two to go.
"Is this a final lap?"
Shortly after:
"So those two guys are in a breakaway?"

I honestly think most people didn't know there was a breakaway.
The Squadra guy, who didn't crash, was just seating in second wheel. Which was understandable.

Last edited by UmneyDurak; 04-19-14 at 09:50 PM.