Old 04-21-14, 05:49 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 740 Posts
Originally Posted by scott967
I got a 2013 from Carbon Connection online order last Nov. I'm not a good reviewer, as it replaced a 20+ year steel Paramount OS so I don't really have much comparable experience, I liked my Paramount, and I like the Ergoride. The biggest problem I had was figuring the size, sight unseen. For 2012 and 2013 at least, their geometry for what they called XXL or 60cm was more like what other brands call a 58, but I was concerned the bike would be "too big" (I'm 6'1"), even though I closely measured the stack and reach on my current bikes and also Roubaix, Synapse, Defy, and Domane and the 60 ergo was approx the same as what I was riding and also the 58's from the other guys. So I went with the XXL/60 in the end. What I didn't check and now wish I had, is the Ergo was built up with 175 cranks, 125 stem, and 44 bar, which is bigger than what I had been running (172.5,110,42). I can tell it's bigger, but I haven't played with my fit at all (I'm thinking of buying one of those specialized fits just to see what someone else thinks).

Do yourself a favor and go get a fitting done by a competent shop. I am one of those guys who resisted for years but was convinced a couple months ago after an accident left me with some ROM issues. Since the fitting my bike has never been more comfortable and my power is up quite a bit. Also got my GF to go and she now is both "better" on the bike and feeling much more confident about bike handling. It really is a good thing if you get a competent person to do it. I wouldn't change anything on your bike until I did it. Good Luck.