View Single Post
Old 04-21-14, 08:06 AM
mlaps

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Philasteve
They used to have a bad reputation for the same reasons state does. But they really upped their game with that model. All steel fixed gear bikes pretty much look the same, the premium is just prettier. Components look a lot nicer and classier too.
I'll admit, that I've got a little bias against Pure Fix just because of the name. I'd feel kind of stupid riding a bike that says Pure Fix with a freewheel. Not stupid enough that I wouldn't buy it if it was otherwise the best bike for me though.

Right now I'm leaning towards either getting the Streetfighter from Bikesdirect or seeing if the local shop would order me the basic State bike (or if they have another suggestion for a ChroMo bike with flats or risers for under $500). The State bike would probably be at least $200 more than the Streetfighter, depending on how much the shop marks them up. Anything on the State that justifies paying that much more?

Any reason to get the Dawes SSL over the Streetfighter if I'd want to replace the dropbars with flat/riser bars? It looks like the SSL might have better rims? Alex R500 or Weinmann ZAC1800 (no choice), 32H, Double Wall w/ CNC Sidewalls compared to non-branded Black Anodized Aluminum Aloy, 32H, Double Wall w/ CNC Sidewalls on the Streetfighter.