Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by save10
Fairgrounds Crit

Cat3's
field...small
result - 1st

small field, but enough for upgrade points. sat in until 7 laps to go/prime. counter attacked the prime, it didnt stick, but legs felt good. final lap...attacked with just over 1KM to go. never looked back, focused carrying as much speed into the final roundabout. braking as late as possible. held the lead and won by several bike lengths. I'm pretty good over 1KM but its hard to kilo away from 70 guys...but its doable against a small group

35 +3/4
field bigger than the E3's
result 5th

kinda just sat in until 3 laps to go. i attacked there. I was kinda being watched after the last race. but i figured if everyone was tired from having raced already i might be able to solo the final 3 laps. I didnt quite account for a guy who hadnt raced yet and when i had to back off a bit, he went over the top and got a nice 50m gap. I resumed chasing for the final 2 laps kept the distance even....almost closed him down, but ran out of gas heading into the sprint. i got passed by the guys behind me. cost myself an u pgrade point because most of the race was 3s. But my suicidal attack earned me ANOTHER hat. and per the race official...a standing ovation from hat distributor Jess Rafael. so that happened.

Re the course : I actually liked the course. if you could take the roundabouts smoothly you could save alot of energy. if not you were sprinting out of every corner. and i was pretty good at the u-turns.
also the area with the pitbull/low rider show smelled heavily of marijuana. and if it wasnt so windy it would have been a fog of BBQ smoke and marijuana down there. good times.
Yes it did and probably best that the lone law enforcement officer that was out there let them be. I was suprised that that there wasn't more of a buffer/fence/barricade between the race and their event for everyone's safety. At the end of the day. I think all went off without issue, so all is good.