Caddy909

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by axolotl
Bike Friday - Custom folding and travel bicycles hand-crafted in Oregon

1-800-777-0258

They will check their database to see if anyone lives near you who has a BF with a frame size that fits you. They will then contact the BF owner to see if s/he will allow you to test ride the bike. They have called me in the past to ask if I'd be willing to let someone in my area test ride my bike.
Thank you, will do.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
How tall are you and what is your standoiver clearence? My GF is an even 5'. When I was shopping for a touring bike for her, the only stock touring bike I could find that would fit her was the Surly LHT. I got her the smallest size and it works for her.
My inseam is roughly 28.25". The Surly LHT has clearance, and the Surly Vaya has .1" more clearance than the LHT. I have the corresponding short arms to go with that inseam.

Originally Posted by maxine
I'm 5'1 (barely!) and I have the smallest stock size Trek 520, which I use as a commuter, and on which I've done a few fully-loaded (front and rear panniers) short (3-day) bike camping trips.

As a small person, the most vexing issue for me with any bike (I have a non-touring road bike as well as the Trek) has been my too-tiny hands.
I'm 5'2", but with the bleh inseam and reach. Don't believe I fit the Trek 520. I currently have STI on my bike too and it is a bother for my small hands; have learned to live with it since I'm usually not on the hoods (slightly dangerous? and not gripping the brakes constantly). I tried SRAM and it was so wonderfully nice. Never tried Campagnolo, though I hear it's great for small hands too. Thanks for the wishes.

Originally Posted by sedges
I would try REI for the Surly LHT. There are three stores in Detroit area. They are not likely to have one that small on the floor, but they have a reputation for working with bike customers. They will order the size you want and you'll get to ride it before deciding. I think LHT is your best option for small frames. They go way smaller than other manufacturers.
I love REI and am a member, but I don't even see the 42cm in their online stock - the smallest they have listed is the 50cm. Will they really order just for test riding/no commitment?

Last edited by Caddy909; 04-21-14 at 03:27 PM.