Old 04-21-14, 05:19 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 965 Times in 629 Posts
Originally Posted by ish
I would part it out or put it back to all XT kit. The wheels, crankset, and seatpost are not original spec and are worth some decent money. It would not be a shame to part it out, it's an awesome find, but not a significant Klein in the grand scheme of things. It's a Pinnacle, which is not super desirable or significant relative to the other Kleins out there. This one does have a cool paint job and is in excellent shape, so it is worth significantly more than a standard Pinnacle. But, it's still just a Pinnacle.

A Klein collector would not repaint that Mission Control. It's an uncommon color and in excellent condition. There are cheaper ones out there to buy if someone is looking to repaint one.

Nice find.
The more I think about it, the more I would go this way. Frame, fork, stem/bar combo and BB as one auction. Bullseye wheel set as a second, Cook Bros crankset as a third. The brakes and derailleurs would go into my bin for future use.

A Klein collector is going to want the fork, frame and matching bars. Everything else, not so much. I bet you could get close to the same money for the frame, fork and bars as you would for the complete bike. And then the rest of the pieces sold separately will bring nice, nice money. I sold a set of Bullseye hubs last year, and did quite well.

Final point, the sale of the Cook Bros crank plus the Bullseye wheel set combined could bring as much as the rest of the bike!! And since they are not original anyway….

Academic, as it is already up on ebay as a complete bike. Added to my watch list.

Last edited by wrk101; 04-21-14 at 08:56 PM.