Old 04-21-14, 08:49 PM
cooker
Prefers Cicero

Bikes: 1984 Trek 520; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3943 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
I’d planned to get some exercise on Easter weekend but I ended up being a bit lazy – staying home, doing some light housework to prepare for dinner guests, and a few driving errands with family members who don’t bike.

But I had Monday off, and figured I’d at least do something a bit physical.

So I walked about 2 km to an electronics store with my younger son to look at cheap computers, for a spare/backup/guest computer for the house (but we didn’t buy). Then I went on my own by subway and streetcar down to Urbane Cyclist to pick up my repaired Bike Friday, and ride it home.

It was a bit muggy walking to the store, but a little later when I got off the subway and was waiting for the streetcar, it was raining and cold and I felt like a fool for not bringing a jacket. However it stopped raining by the time I got the bike, and the ride home was fine. It’s a 9 km, mostly gently uphill ride, but I did two extra loops (1.1 km each) of the slightly steeper Poplar Plains hill for extra exercise.

Why such a distant bike store? They’re not too far from work and they are an authorized Bike Friday dealer. Plus they’re well respected and not expensive.

This evening I noticed an email from my accountant that he needed another document. Tax deadline is usually April 30 in Canada – but extended to May 5 this year due to Canada Revenue Corp’s website being shut down for a few days during the “heartbleed” incident. My wife also had a prescription ready to pick up, so I walked a loop to the accountant's to stick the envelope in his mail slot, and to the drugstore to get her pills – about 3 km. at 9 pm.

Last edited by cooker; 04-21-14 at 08:52 PM.