Old 04-21-14, 09:32 PM
jmikami

Bikes: Veloforma for my primary.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Masters 1/2/3 PIR Monday - cold wet and small field - 1st place

I am guessing we topped 20 riders, but only just. Add in rain and dipping temps and it lead to a compact bunch who just wanted to go home and stay together. This turned out to make for the perfect result for a lazy sprinter, but did not do much for my fitness or for my working on timing and field position. I was lucky to be able to move around as needed and was pulled to the front on the final lap by other teams and was 3rd spot behind the guy who attacked the field 1 mile from the finish and the the guy who bridged the final gap to pull him in. We caught the attacker at 250 meters and I immediately kept going and launched my sprint, I don't think I could have been in a better spot to finish the race if I had a 4 person leadout.

So a win for me, and a lead in the monthly series, but that means I will need to make the break next week.

Ave power at this race last week ... 250, this week 185. The cold rain made a huge difference, but we all stayed up and rode in happy. My reward .... my awesome wife had homemade spaghetti waiting for me ... mmmm good.