View Single Post
Old 04-22-14, 08:40 AM
Dheorl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cny-bikeman
It's not a matter of routing the housing but rather that the housing is properly seated in the ends and that the ends are properly seated in the stops. Frankly, though I mentioned seating as a matter of course to eliminate another variable it's not likely the cause of poor shift to a larger cog but not back down. The chain side-play has not been ruled out, still the most likely culprit in my opinion. I often found drive train problems surfaced after a chain cleaning or a drive train overhaul on a customer's bike.

As to the digression, my parsing of the two terms comes from my time in a crisis counseling center. Confrontation is firm setting of a limit and a request for change, whereas aggression is forcing of one's views (or body of course) on another. There's nothing wrong with confrontation done responsibly - it assumes the other person is strong enough to hear a frank appraisal and has both the ability to change, as the right not to do so (though that may have consequences). Aggression denies the rights of another person.
All the housing also seems seated alright along the length of it. I was just surprised at chain side-play being likely as it was running smooth as butter around end of january time when it last had a good clean and hasn't been used that much since. How can I check for it?

Seems a bit awkward to use technical meanings of a word in normal conversation but thank you for clearing it up.