View Single Post
Old 04-22-14, 11:32 AM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by thechemist
I do however agree with Bruyneel's statement here:

“There is clearly something wrong with a system that allows only six individuals to be punished as retribution for the sins of an era.”
Totally agree. There isn't anyone who will doubt Bruyneel and Armstrong were thugs who used their power and influence to control a dirty sport in their favor, BUT that does not excuse all the other riders and teams and doctors and DS' who committed the same doping offenses. That's what bugs me about this Tygart guy, he talks like he's the most noble person on the face of the earth and wanting to clean up a dirty sport for all those poor clean riders who were denied their rights to blah blah blah, but then he'll let admitted dopers go with the lightest of sentences just so he could get his man Lance.

It's possible for many things to be equally true. Armstrong and Bruyneel deserved what they got AND more of these guys should have faced stiffer punishments, AND Tygart had a vendetta against Armstrong. It's plainly clear to anyone who does not wear the Lance Armstrong fanboy jersey, OR those who are blinded by their hate for him. These guys need to STFU and go away, but so does Tyler "Buy My Book" Hamilton, Dirtbag Landis, Frankie Andreu... along with all these other guys who still have jobs in cycling. If you want to forget an era, get rid of ALL of them, not just the biggest, meanest jerks on the block.