Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by casio04330
I have people yelling stuff at me from cars all the time.
Like "Nice bike fa*" and "BIKE ARE FOR PUS**IES"
But today i went and did laundry and some guy was like "you bike people are all hippy commies and don't contribute to the economy" I asked the man to get away from me and then went into the bathroom to refill my water bottle from the sink.. when i came back out he was like "Oh, You people think you're so better than everyone"

Why do people not like bike riders..
A few days ago some teens where throwing bricks off a bridge just at bike riders..

While I have only experienced something being thrown at me, once. But it wasn't a brick, it was just a cup. Regardless of the lack of severity in my experience, I still feel for you. Because a brick can kill anyone.

I think motorists' hate cyclists' for three reasons. Entitlement to the road. Also jealousy for lack expense incurred by using a bike. Lastly, The ease with which to get around.
Originally Posted by FMB42
I've never had anyone say anything derogatory to me while I've been riding a bicycle, hiking, or motorcycling, etc. Or at least not that I could hear...

However, this apparently is not so uncommon with male bicyclists that wear spandex. And no, I don't have anything against such riders like some people do; I'm just stating what I've heard over the last couple of decades of riding.
I went spandex(shorts only) because regular shorts were causing my thighs to chafe and making me sore after a long ride. I am more comfortable in spandex shorts.

Last edited by Chris516; 04-23-14 at 12:42 PM.