View Single Post
Old 04-23-14, 10:51 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked 1,296 Times in 866 Posts
This is awesome, firstly finding out there is a Presto bike shop (thanks, repechage), then that they somewhat probably speak English, a fellow that met Jan Legrand (is the man still around?), and some compliments to the weight-weenie status of my frameset, with suggestions of Drillium to fill it out.

I can dig it, is all I can say, and suddenly look forward to hitting the hills on this proper lightweight (I have yet to piece together a vintage steel LIGHT bike, oddly enough).

I've got a Limongi as well, the closest thing to this Presto I think. That is one fast bike that taught me the reality of rider forward = fast, a bike I struggled to come to terms with until finally I put an Ideale saddle on it, and began discovering aero supremacy. I feel as if I have been defying old age ever since!

Starting from scratch, will Simplex Retrofriction shifters be proper on this Presto? I'll next be trying to complete a wheelset that will do both the Presto and the Limongi justice.
Should it be Rovals or perhaps a traditional pair of tubulars? I really can't afford to keep more than one pair of fresh tubulars glued up, and actually haven't gone the tubular route since I put a few hundred miles on my 1952 Christophe some five years ago.