View Single Post
Old 04-24-14, 04:48 PM
BigEyeBri
Commuter

Bikes: 1989 Dahon V Getaway, 1990 Haro Extreme, 1975 Peugeot Mixte, 2014 Novara Purple Princess BMX (it's sweet, and has a purple horn)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had my commuter stolen about a month ago, about the same time that my schedule changed, and I started getting bumped off of the later train that I was taking into San Francisco, due to it being full or near capacity. So I bought this 1989 Dahon V Getaway from a lady off of Craigslist for $50. Her story was that she bought it, and rode Caltrain from Mountain View to SF for a few years prior to retiring, then stored it for a decade, prior to selling it to me. I replaced the tires, tubes, brake levers, brake cables, shift cable, cable housings, and grips. I added the old Shimano rapid fire shifters from my 1990 Haro Extreme (other post) and after a bit of tuning, got it to work like a dream. Added new pedals and toe clips, a Topeak MTB rack to carry my Freecycle.org'd 1989 Cannondale Panniers and my Topeak laptop bag (not pictured). Now, how do I make it aerodynamic? It's like driving a wall when I get near AT&T park!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1989 Dahon V Getaway.jpg (91.6 KB, 180 views)