View Single Post
Old 04-25-14, 07:50 AM
achoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Artkansas
People are getting squeezed by life and they're looking for easy targets to direct their pain towards.

You might want to look into some statistics. Actually, as I recall, cyclists add more to the local economy than motorists.

I've been attacked while on the bike many times, but never thought if it as bullying. It's been french fries and it's been pellet guns.

The only time that seems to stick out as bullying was from a younger cyclist. He deliberately ran his back tire over my front tire to drop me. I picked myself off the pavement and rode on. As I passed him, he stiff-armed me into traffic which ended up dumping us both onto the street when my rear wheel tacoed from the lateral force.

I would have called the cops, but cops had already not responded to my being assaulted by a '64 Chevy Impala years earlier and I suspected that the kid on the bike was a jr. gang member. I learned later that the gang in that area was MS 13 in their early days. I had to ride through that neighborhood five days a week and I thought it wiser to let it go.
Dang. You're a better man than I. I probably would have tried to kick him in the face and/or the nads with my cleats after that.