View Single Post
Old 04-27-14, 07:49 PM
shipwreck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Well, I was messing around with wheels today and found two things. First, I don't think that the frame will take more than 32s comfortably, not a deal breaker as that's what I run, and second that a eight speed shimano cassette hub fits right in.
So, with this new knowledge, and the fact that I was doing some pricing research on ebay(I know that there is a difference in what someone asks and what somethings worth) I may try to find some eight speed bar ends and go for a more modern ride, saving the six speed cassette and shifters.
The frame has really short chainstays for a tourer. But the bottom bracket is pretty low. All this means that this may indeed be the perfect tourer for my style, which is ultra light with just bar and seat bags, sometimes low riders on the front.
Comparing it to some of my favorite frames, this really could be custom made for me. As soon as I can I'm taking it to one of the only shops I trust to have the headset pressed in, about the only thing I don't feel comfortable doing myself. Could take a while, it's a fifty mile drive.