rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Lemond Buenos Aires frameset

Is it worth the $449 asking price?

Greg Lemond Buenos Aires Reynols Steel Frame Set Carbon Fork 53cm | eBay

I have been looking for a steel road frame (new or used) that I can swap over my SRAM Apex groupset to. Preferably thread less fork, preferably 1 1/8 because I can use my existing stem. This frame set ticks all the boxes but it seems a little over priced but I wanted to get experts opinions? It's not mint, some blemishes that concern me. Is this worth the asking price?

For comparison, I was in on bidding for a Bianchi TSX frame set that just ended yesterday and sold for $412.99 plus $49.99 shipping. The Bianchi looked as perfect condition wise as I could expect for a 20 year old bike and I believe it was a more expensive/higher end model new then the Lemond Bueneos Aires

Bianchi Reparto Corse TSX Road Bike Frame Set 55cm Steel Carbon Fork 700c | eBay

For about $400 I can also get a brand new Soma Smoothie frame which also has everything I am looking for but I would have to buy a headset for that. I already own a carbon fork that will fit the Soma so my all in cost on the Soma would probably be about the same as the asking for the Lemond