Old 04-29-14, 08:07 AM
leicanthrope

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EnellCH
Come on out to Silicon Valley, Road cycling is the sport of choice among the VC crowd, the younger tech guys and many company executives. Definitely not fitting some of the descriptions in this tread.

People are seemingly proud to sport their $10k bikes, walk like ducks and be dressed up in Lycra.
Absolutely second this. It's actually rather odd to run across someone on a road bike out here that isn't fully kitted up, other than the hipster kids that converted their dad's old steel bikes into fixies. The only real negative interactions that I've had with roadies around here have been the occasional overly aggressive Cat-6 types, and I'd rather deal with it on bikes than have them do the same in a 3 Series BMW. Sure, not everyone waves. No big deal. As a C&V cyclist, I've come to grips with the fact that some of them are too busy dealing with the upending of their paradigm that comes from witnessing Campagnolo ("High end stuff I'm supposed to buy, right?") and significant amounts of steel ("That heavy s**t they used back in the middle ages?") appearing in concert on the same bicycle.