Old 04-29-14, 08:25 AM
Dudelsack 

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by cafzali
I get your point, but I am hesitant to give people a pass just because of that. Lots of people bug the hell out of me, but I don't go doing pompous or rude stuff that are equivalent of placing tacks on the road and the other things people do to cyclists. It drives me crazy that as a normal size person I have to be crammed into a seat when someone whose too big for theirs sits next to me, but we're supposed to be accepting of something 99.9 percent of people -- myself included -- have absolute control over. Add to that, I'm actually paying for that through higher health care costs.

Why do I use that example? To point out that the only difference in whose rights get defended and protected are the ones who stand up for them the most. If we started wearing shirts lampooning or targeting local politicians that introduce stupid laws and organized group rides wearing them, idiot politicos would get nervous and back off a lot of the crazy rules/regulations that have been proposed -- thankfully most not adopted.
You have a point.

When I see a big fat person eating fattening stuff at a restaurant, I've been known to walk up to their table and takes their plates away from them for their own good. It reminds me of the time someone tried to hit me with their car because they thought I ran a stop sign with their bike.

As far as T-shirts are concerned, that kind of stuff became in practice illegal about 5 years ago. I would never wear a T-shirt in our culture expressing a minority opinion for fear of reprisal.