Old 04-29-14, 11:15 AM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
You might be right, but I think the anti-establishment group honestly doesn't care. In my region they save their money and spend it on something useful, like hunting equipment.
If you have to say you "honestly don't care", then you, by definition, care. Also, the OP obviously thinks people are judging him for his anti-establishment-ism.

There is actually a third group: those that are ignorant of cycling and actively work to stay that way. These people don't care what cyclists think of them because they don't consider themselves cyclists. They ride bicycles for extrinsic reasons and don't try to optimize the skills involved or their riding experience. But we aren't talking about these people here; the OP clearly thinks himself a cyclist and works to actively maintain his anti-establishment cred while thinking people judge him for it.
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter

Last edited by Brian Ratliff; 04-29-14 at 11:20 AM.