Old 04-30-14, 05:35 AM
BikeAnon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Violetka
.... I dont intend to win and so on, but just do decently. There is a triathlon in September here, is it realistic to be able to participate in it? I am in a good physical shape, just need the skill....
With that is your goal, you will be ready.

Here's a story to inspire you.....

Several years ago, I was in a similar situation, except running was my problem. Crazy as it sounds... I needed to learn how to WALK. AS AN ADULT.

I had back surgery. Prior to the surgery, I hadn't walked in many months (though I could crawl to the bathroom). Prior to the surgery, I had a nearly paralyzed leg, and was in constant pain.

After the surgery, I walked (with assistance) across a room, for the first time in quite a while.

I then began my sessions of learning how to walk. It would take over a year before you could see me walk down the street, and not notice something was wrong. I participated in a "sprint" triathlon SIX WEEKS after the surgery.

I set my goal low. My goal was to come in last place. I don't know how, but I came in second to last. The 5K "run" took me over an hour to walk (limp).

I went with this attitude..... the Dr. told me I could swim for rehab, walk for rehab, and ride a bike slowly in a very upright position for exercise. I just did all three things on the same day that day.

So for you.... with a desire to get out there, and five months to prepare.... you will be all set.