Old 04-30-14, 08:09 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
JimFB wrote:

Jim, keep us posted on your progress, if for no other reason than that it may help keep you on-point. Your commuting has always been an inspiration for me. BTW, we are still hoping to do the July 26 ride on the tandem if real life doesn't get in the way.

Dudelsack's note reads like he's a computer geek. FTP, TCTP (sounds almost likeTCP/IP), computer printouts? But "...which will allow precise calculation of..."? Surely a good engineer understands that there is nothing precise about a bike on the road! You rides it and you gets to where you are going when you gets there!
Hey Jmmll,

Thanks for your gracious reply. I think public humiliation for failure will be an effective motivator. I have been doing this training plan since 2006. In 2011 as I recall, I was regularly posting my weekend rides to this thread, but not so much with pictures. That was the year work took off, and I fell behind in my posting. I’ll not commit though until I do my first long, 40 mile, ride. I hope to bring back tales and pictures of the mysterious non-occidental Metroverse.

I did admire Dudelsack’s commitment to his program of indoor training, and that furthered my resolve. I much prefer to ride outdoors, and it’s most time-effective to do so as a commute. I heartily agree with your highlighted quote, and I always capitalize “The Road,” not so much as a geographic entity, but a mystical life force / matrix on which I travel.