View Single Post
Old 04-30-14, 09:20 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BobG
The ACA does provide details of the trip itinerary on their website. Although it does not reveal the specific roads it does list the overnight locations. With a state map it's easy to find these and connect the dots between them. Click on "itinerary"..........

Portland-Crater Lake Loop | Guided Tours | Adventure Cycling Association
I noticed the same thing. You could also buy the ACA map for their Sierra Cascades route, Mount Ranier to Crater Lake section. I presume it follows the same route as their tour, at least from Cascades Locks east of Portland to the park. Or you can just look at the map on-line and figure out the roads. Here is a link to that page on their website:

Sierra Cascades | Adventure Cycling Route Network | Adventure Cycling Association

The maps cost $15.75 each, less if you are an ACA member. I probably would buy the map to have as a reference for that price.

BTW, I would love to do the Portland-Crater Lake ACA ride. It sounds like it would be a great trip. Unfortunately, I can't swing the price at this time. In addition to the $1,600 trip fee, I would have to pay to have my bike and gear shipped to Portland and back from NC.

Last edited by tarwheel; 04-30-14 at 09:23 AM.