Old 05-03-14, 01:11 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
Most of the things I listed indicated that the dosages of the harmful substances are higher inside the car than outside it, thus the negative impacts are higher for the the drivers than they are for carfree folks.

Your mischaracterization of what I said is regarding motorists is beyond the pale. I said car dependence leads to obesity, heart disease, etc if they don't allot time during the day for exercise. I'm saying they have a choice to be fat or not, and suffer the health effects of that choice, but it will take more time to be healthy than it would for someone who was not addicted to car use. I'm accusing them of being uncaring either. I assume that most car addicts in America don't give a second thought to the long-term impacts of our culture's unprecedented energy use in large part because we don't have a functioning education system, not because they would not care if they understood what the ultimate consequences are.

I'll grant that it is fair to infer that I consider car addicts to be lazy. Is there a means of transportation that requires less physical effort than sitting in a car? If they took the slightest effort to learn and follow the laws regarding the safe operation of those cars, I might be moved to not think of them as lazy, but I've never seen such a motorist.
Everything you say you didn't say, you just said again.

Drivers are the great majority of people in our society. To say they are a certain type of person, good or bad, is ridiculous. Every type of person drives cars. Almost all gold medal Olympic athletes drive cars. Are they lazy and out of shape? OTOH, some of us carfree "types" are not in the best of shape either.

"Think Outside the Cage"