Old 05-04-14, 04:22 PM
hybridbkrdr
we be rollin'

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by andyprough
What's the name of the light and where would I find it? I'm interested. I'm assuming you get a tail light with that also?
You can look at the following links in my post here: http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...l#post16727013

I mentioned xxcycle because I ordered from them and they delivered. The shipping cost from France was reasonable but just to give you some additional information, the dynamo hubs ending in 20, 30, 35 have more resistance. Those ending with 70, 71, 72, 80 etc. have less resistance (like 2.2 watts). The Lumotec Cyo is more powerful than the Lyt. There's a 60 lux model which shoots the beam farther and a 40 lux model which brings the light closer to your bike. The models with standlight have like a capacitor or whatever it's called again that stores electricity. Obviously, the standlight on the Cyo gives you more light when you stop pedaling than the Lyt.

EDIT: Additional info... Apparently, the Shimano Deore LX dynamo available in Germany from bike24.com has adjustable bearings. Usually, people say not to touch the internals of a dynamo hub as it may ruin them. Also, a 60 lux light that shoots the light farther might be more realistic for someone going down hills at a faster speed while the 40 lux model might be more realistic for someone going at a slower speed.

Last edited by hybridbkrdr; 05-04-14 at 04:34 PM.