View Single Post
Old 05-05-14, 09:14 AM
Moyene Corniche

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not whining, if that is your misinterpretation... It's a systemic problem and anyone can deny it, sugar coat the problem, hold up a handful of people and announce that changes are being implemented ... But that is not credible...
If it was then how is it that this same scenario repeats itself every couple of years... ? ( Festina, Rabobank, Mapei, Phonak, etc... )
Evidently the methodology of eradicating doping isn't working and never will until everyone is on board, from sponsors all the way to athletes and the public... The latter is certainly not without blame either...

quote " Winning is low down on that list. ".. That is completely false... No Company no matter how big or small, is going to invest marketing dollars unless they can gauge a potentiall return.... Cervello Test Team ended and Garmin stepped in because of expected returns... Not from Charity or a higher calling....

As far as concrete evidence, no I don't have any, hence why I'm not pointing fingers at individuals but rather enterprises and a system that is for lack of a better description ... Corrupt...
Amateur sports and Professional sports are distinctly different although one isn't far behind the other...

There's a number of things that are skewed in the Pro Cycling Game... One is the length of the season and the obligation for the riders to race UCI designated events or face fines and/or expulsion... That takes on a completely different viewpoint when it's your occupation as in earning a living.... Some may counter with " Well I go to work everyday ...! " but riding / racing a bike is not the same as punching a clock from 9 to 5 ...

As far as Vaughters ???.... He was loudly claiming a NO DOPING policy all the while being a part of the problem...
As I have said before, I love the sport, I have been around and in it since I was a kid, but there is a big problem and it's not just cycling.
It's the business end of Pro sports and the amount of revenues gained or lost....
If the belief is that sponsors enter Pro Sports marketing as naive and unaware of the realities..... Please... Let's go and read a few fables..
No... Sponsors have a very clear picture of what they want, what they expect in return.... They are a business and survival and profitability in any business demands an acute knowledge of the landscape, so " NO " I don't buy the " We didn't know " when it really is " We didn't want to know " ......

Last edited by Moyene Corniche; 05-05-14 at 09:20 AM.