Old 05-05-14, 07:12 PM
chesterfield

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rangerdavid
7 posts and no one yet has even addressed the OP's question. go off on a tangent about "newbie" and who can afford what.

bike looks good to me. don't know if the zipp's are OEM but if it's not been wrecked, it looks good. also don't think those bars are original. compare it with the 2013 in the cannondale archives and see. good luck

Thanks for the answers.

Background: I've ridden for years on and off, but I am a newbie when it comes to purchasing a USED bike. I have been fitted and know my geometry. I've owned 2 bikes and sold both recently. Those bikes were around $3k each NEW and I'm looking to spend around that much but get much better bang for the buck by going "USED" route.

The handlebar and stem and wheels are aftermarket, indeed. Everything else are spec'ed according to Cannondale's website. Just want to get your opinion before I plunk the cash. I know I'm taking a risk buying a used bike ... but that doesn't mean there isn't a good used bike right?

My riding style is recreational but I like fast riding. I've done 40-100 miles regularly in the past, but life got busy and didn't do much last year. This year, I'm looking into biking again and need a nice bike. Yes, I know I can get a nice bike for $3k NEW but again, I want one that is light and has nice components. Thanks in advance for any insights, offers, tips you may provide.

Last edited by chesterfield; 05-05-14 at 07:30 PM.