Fender Bender

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThorUSA
true ..but

couple things ..
what city you are talking about ? what country ?
Commuting .. do you have to fold ? how many times, carry the bike, how much room u have at the office, where do you store it ...

How is your fitness level.... tell us more about yourself .. male female height weight can all influence

You see some black yellow S9 from Dahon being offered.. those are actually not in the country and its false advertising, stay away from those sellers.... The older ( nothing wrong with them except a hideous color scheme ( there ..I said it )
the new ones will be much more expensive and available next month ..

Eclipse P 9 is no longer available from Tern in the US it gets replaced with Eclipse P 18 which is a little more expensive and is in the country ..i.e. I stock them in white/black

Dahon Formulas are not available to any Dahon dealer anymore. There might be some leftovers in the pipeline. If they are they should be heavily discounted as they are no longer available and for example spare replacement forks are not available from Dahon ( the forks are specific for that model ... you bend it you need a new bike ... Or upgrade with aftermarket suspesnion forks which are usually not cheap, but I am working on a solution for this.

Thor
Apologies if I didn't follow the forum etiquette and put up all the necessary info.

Firstly Thor, thanks for the valuable insights, really much appreciated. Gives me something to think about.

I guess it just leaves the Dahon IOS S9 - black and gold, which seems like you can buy off their website for $999 but that last bit of info you provided has also put me off a little because I don't want to get something that they might just stop making in a few years.

To provide more info about myself, I'm male, 5'5, 150lbs, live in Abu Dhabi about 25min walk from my office in the UAE. The last time I rode a bike was 7 years ago and the last time I hit the gym was 6 months ago so looking to try and get fit again. Reason why I need it to fold is cos I stay in a small apartment and have a small storage space underneath my desk at the office. Definitely beats having to chain it to a pipe in the basement parking. I need it to fold/unfold at least twice a day. At the same time I'd like to be able to throw it in the back of a friend's car when we do a recreational ride once a month, so I don't have to get a bike rack.

My aim was trying to get the best recreational folder for $1000 or less. With shipping to my part of the world it almost works out to buying 2 bikes.