Old 10-11-05, 08:49 PM
pedex
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 501 Times in 397 Posts
Originally Posted by RedMenace
hahaha. no! don't do that! if you have stuff like that and you can sustain it, please do not give it up to be a messenger. the cool factor (which is totally bogus, by the way) is not nearly worth it.

another friend of mine who used to work at TimeCycle is a messenger in Denver. he says it's horrible. (low) hourly pay, not many runs, a fairly boring city... better than being a house husband though, right eighty-six?!
Actually the cool factor is always there, just doesnt always show itself, like any other job its what you make it, its one of those jobs that chooses the man(or woman), if you dont really wanna be out there, you wont last long. To me its the essence of freedom, im behold to nobody, I choose the prices and what customers I work for. At one time I was on the path of trading my health for money, for some people that choice isnt always the best one either. You can do quite well as a messenger if you work at it, $600-$1200/wk isnt bad coin for a young single person living cheap. But starting out, ya $200-$500/wk is pretty typical.