View Single Post
Old 05-09-14, 09:10 AM
benda18

Bikes: LHT + FreeRadical

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On the Schwalbe rack you also have the Fat Frank and Big Ben which appear to be the same tire as the BA but with a different tread pattern.

I've had 2.0 Fat Franks on my crosscheck for a couple of seasons now. My favorite tire right now is the Panaracer Pasela TG 700X35C. That's what I ride most often, but the Fat Frank isn't a compromise in rolling resistance. It might be a tiny bit slower, maybe, but it's more fun and more comfortable. I would put them on my LHT if I could fit them + fenders, but it's too tight.

Honestly the best part of these tires is that i have to add air very infrequently. I can go a month or two without needing to. Currently running 25psi front and back, but might drop front to like 22 or 23 on my next ride. I ran 30psi for the last 2 years and it felt too bouncy. 30 is the minimum, so I'm proceeding with caution. 190# rider. maybe, i put on some weight over the winter.

Finally, the Schwalbe line offers you some pretty cool color options, but my favorite is the brown with white sidewalls:
http://hbbcinc.com/catalog/images/sc...whitewall-.JPG