View Single Post
Old 05-12-14, 04:48 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts
>>>>>As BTW, have you (Tom) ridden the BP extension and have they yet finished the curb cuts at Washington, Old Country or Suunyside ?<<<<<<

I rode a piece this past weekend. Washington & Old Country are done, but I'm not sure about the part on Sunnyside, adjacent to the Holiday Inn. In fact, I don't even know what they have planned for that section. The trailhead at Sunnyside and Woodbury Road was still sealed with an orange net.

Overall, the path seems to be getting sort of seedy before it's even complete. For example, the cuts you mentioned are open, but they are still littered with sand, rocks, and other debris. Likewise, the aprons that looked like they were waiting for some colorful plantings last year are all overgrown with weeds, just as the areas around the various parking fields are. I don't get the impression that there is a lot of pride taken in this project, and I don't think we can expect any sort of "grand opening" to show it off.

Back on topic, I hope you are right about the extension to TOBAY. I've been looking forward to riding it this year. Any word about rebuilding the first (most northern) bridge? While crossing it this past weekend, I suddenly felt unsafe, as if the skinny little bike lane is about to snap off any minute!