Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbonium
29lbs...

atleast they are putting roadbikes to the massmarket
Yep - that is wha is important imho. Most people who buy these bikes are not going to put 1000 miles in a month - or maybe even a year these bikes should last them a long time.

Originally Posted by Dang
Great link. I'm working my ass off at work due to labor cuts in my department at a grocery store's GM department thanks to a few new Walmarts in the nieghbohood. I figure sooner or later Walmart will control all retail movement in the country and most of us who have anything to do with any kind of sales will be at thier mercy. Walmart's growth is out of control and they won't stop untill they have total control. Yes. I agree. Walmart is Evil. .
Also Walmart is not "always" the lowest. Thier ad campaign has convinced folks to just shop only there thinking that Walmart will be the cheapest.

I feel your pain sort of - but Wal-Mart definitely has a niche.
Spend 4 bucks on towels and 5 bucks on a silverware set
Both last barely a year
Spend 4 bucks on towels and 5 bucks on a silverware set next year
Spend 30 bucks on a towel that might last 2-3 years and a 50-100 bucks on a silverware set after spending 20 bucks on gas trying to find a place that isn't target or wal-mart or k-mart. Do i know of anyother place to buy towels - Bed Bath & Beyond is the only thing that comes to mind and I've never dealt with them but their name to me implies instant 20-50% markup. Silverware? I would not even know where to begin shopping.

Wal-Mart is a place to find it. If i need silverware or towels I know exactly where to go. I understand the quality that I am paying for but 9 out of 10 times I would spend more on gas just trying to find a place that has this - let alone the extravagant 70% markup price - when in actuality you are NOT guaranteed a product of higher calibre then Wal-Mart and getting a return is usually 100% times more difficult.

I understand the quality I am paying for, its a single stop for everything and i know that if i am pissed i can get a return or an exchange with literally no hassle. I think alot of people, whether they are conscious of it are aware of this also. If a small business wants to attract business from large corporations they have to provide something the big businesses don't.

And honestly almost NOBODY does that. When you buy from a small / local business so many times one may not treated properly, wonders whether the employee that just served you got out of jail, get charged an extra charge for using a visa card, doesn't have xyz item in stock, or won't accept a refund readily, are selling the exact same item wal-mart sells, sometimes with a smaller selection of choices but at a 20-30% markup.