View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 01:20 PM
Cyclosaurus

Bikes: 1993 NOS Mt Shasta Tempest, Motobecane Fantom Cross CX, Dahon Speed D7, Dahon Vector P8, Bullitt Superfly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dpeters11
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I generally feel if we want to have a right to use the road, we should follow the rules of the road. I see comments all the time on why can cyclists ignore stop signs etc (and I'm not talking Idaho), etc. Use the road follow the rules or be subject to a fine etc, drivers and cyclists alike.

There's already enough calls to prevent us from using the roads. We don't need to give them another reason.
YOUR right to use the road does not depend upon ME following the law, and vice versa. You have every RIGHT to use the road. You have the RESPONSIBILITY to follow the law. If you do not follow the law, YOU suffer the consequences. It's a pattern that all marginalized groups suffer, that the actions of (often a very small number of) individuals are used to deny rights to the group. However the privileged and/or majority group does not apply that same standard to themselves.