lostarchitect 
incazzare.

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
I'm an anti-salmon. I won't speak towards NYC, but in Philly they are a menace and they do put me in danger. I'm not going to claim I've never taken a short cut up an alley, but it's almost always inappropriate. If I did get a ticket one of the few times I did that, I'd fight it in court or pay it - I wouldn't mouth off to the police.

I think it's generally pretty dumb to salmon here. For instance, when I leave work I have about a half block down which I could salmon to get to the corner--but I walk it. Every time. I just feel stupid salmoning, and I know how annoying it is when another bike is coming towards you forcing you out into traffic. It's rude and dangerous.

My opinion is not based on whether it is legal to ride against traffic, it's based on my goal of riding safely and courteously. I think salmoning is always discourteous and often unsafe, so I don't do it.