View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 05:58 PM
THSdrummer

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stage 3 cap would be nice if anyone has an extra! The bill is nice, and the Mt. Diablo on the side is cool.

Originally Posted by EnsitMike
No promises, but I may be able to get you a stage 7 cap.
That'd be incredible!

Originally Posted by goenrdoug
I could possibly hook you up for 8. What's the deal with these caps? I'm not familiar... should I be wanting one as well?

Update: Looks like they're $25 a piece and sold out of Rapha's traveling coffee trailer which is setup at each stage out on course (or in the rider parking lot). I'll be at stage 5 and 8 and, since I've been thinking of buying a cap like this to possibly combat a sweat-in-the-eyes issue I've been fighting.. well, I think I'll buy at least one, so I could pickup one for you as well if you'd like.
I'd really enjoy that. I was going to tell you where you can get them. If memory serves, stage 5 might be one of the stages they won't be at the start, but rather on the course. I'd really like to have stage 8's cap though. At $25, they are not to bad. Typical Rapha cap pricing is about $45 - I think - so $25+shipping and reward is do-able. I think their retro look is worth the price. Certainly more tasteful than most caps on the market today IMHO.

Originally Posted by Jakedatc
Phil and Paul are blabbering idiots anyway.. Watch the Eurosport stream online. apparently phil/paul were trying to hype up Taylor yesterday only to watch him get his ass handed to him haha
Haha, that's pretty much exactly what happened. I watch the NBC coverage live (or have been), but I download the EuroSport coverage from Cyclingtorrents. What really sets me off about the NBC coverage is the cycling:commercials ratio is about 1:1.