Old 05-13-14, 11:40 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4366 Post(s)
Liked 4,006 Times in 2,675 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
up here the Elite jackets are $275, roughly 100 more than the commuter one I got made by them. Considering the last time I bought a biking rain jacket was a very long time ago, the 175 was ok, but I did baulk at the 100 more for the elite, just wasnt sure it would be as good for breathing and such and worth the extra 100.
I agree, the commuter one is kinda warm too for summer, but then I really only use it when its pouring down buckets and the temps have dropped. It does vent really well and seems well made, figure it was worth the cost for how long it will be used.
The Elite 2.1 (or2.0) is not a bad choice as it is 3L eVent which is quite air permeable and was somewhat the basis of Dry.Q Elite from MHW (which I mentioned earlier) I cannot speak to Artex or Elite membranes (used in other jackets) but being a gear junkie that I am and not hearing about them or reading about them anywhere or being able to find much info I have my doubts.

BTW my Chinley 3L was pretty good during a brief downpour while unloading a truck. It was quite hot and very humid and but I wasn't completely dying in the thing (granted I wasn't cool as a cuke but you cannot really be in that weather)