View Single Post
Old 05-14-14, 06:39 AM
jaygax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a 2012 Fuji SST 3.0. Purchased it on February 2012. upgrade from a previous bike which is the giant OCR3 alloy frame with tiagra components. the feeling was great. my wife even got envious because I was riding it more than her. LOL! good memories happened. rode with bo Jackson, ken Griffey, and lance Armstrong on april 2012 on that bo bikes bama charity ride. (before lance became the villain to everybody)
2013 was a year to forget. got a knee injury because of tennis. recovered earlier this year. back to running and cycling again.
last week, there was a popping sound coming from my front wheel. I thought it was the rims. went to LBS and told me my front hub got a small crack inside. oval wheelsets really suck I guess.
now, im shopping for a wheelset upgrade. I already upgraded my rear derailleur for a dura-ace. I want to upgrade my front derailleur and crankset too.
I have a question. I don't know anything about bottom brackets. if I buy a dura ace or ultegra crankset, do I need to replace the bottom brackets too? or could I use the old one? what do I need for a crankset upgrade?
thanks a lot!