View Single Post
Old 05-16-14, 04:10 AM
Still Pedaling

Bikes: Brompton and Dahon Curve D3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They will find out soon enough when a number of owners have had their faces rearranged on asphalt.

I worked for years in drafting and design. We had a motto "No time to get it right the first time, but plenty of time after". Drawings had to get out by a certain day - hook or by crook. When they come back for changes, which is usually the case, we had plenty of time then to correct any mistakes. Bloody marvelous! The same is true with manufacturing. Get the product out in the market before the competition, then sort out the problems/issues after. In so many cases, especially when it comes to cameras, this is the case. No worries - problems, errors will be sorted out later with firmware changes. Never mind the inconvenience to the customer. But when you look at it from the manufacturer's point of view, they are forced to send out a product with known issues. So many variables. Engineering and R&D departments failing to do their jobs properly as an example. Human error comes to play in those departments because of the huge amount of pressure to get the product ready in a time frame set by management. Like I said, too many variables. I worked in this kind of environment for more years than I would like to remember. I'm so glad I'm finally retired and shod of that crap for good.