Thread: Addiction XXX5
View Single Post
Old 05-17-14, 04:01 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
Most excellent. I hope you enjoy your time over there. I don't go long enough to take advantage of the big jets, but I've heard good things. Was it neat?
I was asleep most of the time, we boarded late at 10pm & then they served dinner unbelievably. But I didn't have anything, even though they had a wine that sounded great that I was tempted to try. Sleep was more appealing so I just called it a night. We had scored some business class frequent flier tickets so had plenty of everything in the lounge before we boarded.

The plane was so huge that we took an escalator up to the second level to board the upper floor. It was strange taxiing around an looking down on the 747s we went past.

Once you were in the air, it seemed like any other plane. The business class seats are pretty impressive, though. Fold flat, arranged in pods so that you face your traveling companion. All kinds of entertainment options and convienences but I slept 6-7 hours and spent the rest of my time reading a book- Distance Cycling, lol.

Overall, the plane a bit of an experience unto itself, worth seeing for sure. And from LA, the direct 10hr red eye flight is pretty painless.